Hello From Deer Park, Tx.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I just started making soap this week. Three batches in and waiting to see results. I am wanting to make an exfoliating soap. What's a good exfoliant to use and when/how in the recipe do you add it? I have medium ground pumice.

Welcome, you can use ground oats or your pumice added at trace, to your soap as an exfoliant Just add it and mix in by hand with a spatula.I'd probably use the pumice in soap to wash hands with and oats in body soap.

Hi and welcome. You can also use ground (dried) orange peel, poppy seeds, dried/ground herbs. Be aware that some things can be scratchy, rather than simply exfoliating. Go for fine grinds until you work out just how much is exfoliating enough for you.

@brainonbrett38 Welcome!
Three batches! You just jumped right in!
I have used poppy seeds, espresso grounds, and luffa powder. I used poppy seeds and espresso grounds in Melt & Pour soap. I've used all three exfoliants in CP soap. I also have some extremely fine sand that I got in Celestun, MX that I intend to put in CP soap as an exfoliant.
Keep us posted on your results!

Back