Fragrance Packaging, So Different

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle La

Reaction score
I may have gone a bit OTT and ordered some fragrance oils from America (I’m in England). And can I just say, oh em gee! Look at all the information on the bottle! This is so handy, and means I don’t have to write and tape on my own little notes. IT EVEN WARNS ME ABOUT ACCELERATION. I can’t tell you how happy my parcel made me when it arrived today. IMG_1694.jpeg

We don't have all that info on the bottle, have to look it up online, which makes it difficult when it's discontinued. It's too expensive to buy from O/S, with the cost of postage added on.

Some suppliers’ label are atrocious. I am not sure how Brambleberry is still getting away with their shoddy label. I have some FOs that the label had worn off. You still have to put your own label or else a few months later, you will be guessing what FO is in what bottle.

With the amount of competition out there, I am sure they are feeling the heat now.

Last edited:
I still put tape on top of all the labels on the fragrances. If you spill the FO on the bottle - all the info might disappear with time. Ask me how I know:cool:. I have couple of bottles from which even the name of FO disappeared.
Oh yes. I have learnt that too and have a couple of sample size bottles of mystery fragrance.

I have purchased 95% of my FO's from WSP- Crafter's Choice, Rustic Escentuals, Just Scent and Make your Own Buzz. ALL have small labels with microscopic printing.
As soon as I receive an FO, I print the biggest label that will fit on the jar, with the biggest font that will fit on the label. In small font, I print max IFRA, vanilla content, and anything else known like acceleration, discoloration etc.
I wrap clear packing tape around the bottle to protect it from oil drips, etc. It's nice to not have to go find my notes and/ or look up info on the website when I;m picking a fragrance.
I'm hoping the tape will protect the labels so that I don't end up with mystery FO's!
Although I LOVE WSP's shipping policy, after seen that nice huge beautiful label on the NurtureSoap bottle, I may have to start shopping there....

Back