Fragrance Free massage oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFLinOhio

Reaction score
I have severe allergies to fragrances and chemicals. My mother recently went and got a pedicure. She was able to get a pure sugar (unscented) scrub but used the "least smelly" massage oil they had. That unfortunately triggered my allergies. It got into her clothes. She had to bathe twice, and I had to launder her clothes twice.

I am considering making a bottle of Fragrance Free massage oil for her to take with her next time.

Which common massage oils are truly fragrance free/unscented? Jojoba oil? Sweet Almond oil?
Thank you.

Well, all oils are originally fragrance free and unscented if you don't add anything to them. As long as you know you are not allergic to them you should be fine with any oil. Just make sure you buy 100% pure and check the ingredient list if you are in doubt.

I love sweet almond oil for massages because it leaves the skin very soft and supple. Apricot kernel oil has the same effect and is cheaper where I live. Jojoba oil is also very good for the skin. Sesame oil and rice bran oil are very common ingredients of massage blends, I believe because they reduce the cost of the overall blend (and there is nothing wrong with these oils). Sesame oil has a "dryer" feeling to it and participate in making the blend feel less "oily".

I may add that you don't need many different oils to make a good massage oil. Even just one (almond or apricot) will be good.

Well, all oils are originally fragrance free and unscented if you don't add anything to them. As long as you know you are not allergic to them you should be fine with any oil. Just make sure you buy 100% pure and check the ingredient list if you are in doubt.

I love sweet almond oil for massages because it leaves the skin very soft and supple. Apricot kernel oil has the same effect and is cheaper where I live. Jojoba oil is also very good for the skin. Sesame oil and rice bran oil are very common ingredients of massage blends, I believe because they reduce the cost of the overall blend (and there is nothing wrong with these oils). Sesame oil has a "dryer" feeling to it and participate in making the blend feel less "oily".

I may add that you don't need many different oils to make a good massage oil. Even just one (almond or apricot) will be good.
Great summary! I would add grape seed oil to the list.

Back