EO's

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn Carte

Reaction score
Any suggestions for EO"S

I am new at soaping and want to purchase some EO"S today. I have already made several batches of GM soap and really love it. I want to try some with scent. DH loves the soap he said that a little scent would be good. :lol:

Lynn Carte said:
Any suggestions for EO"S

I am new at soaping and want to purchase some EO"S today. I have already made several batches of GM soap and really love it. I want to try some with scent. DH loves the soap he said that a little scent would be good. :lol:

I've used orange eo as a basis for my fruit flavored, sweet scented and chocolate flavored soaps. I use it in combination with FO and it seems to enhance the scent.

I think orange eo will be the first eo i buy in bulk

Lavender is a nice scent and it mixes well with a lot of eo's to make a nice combination of scents .

Orange eo by itself will fade in soap,, unless you get the 5 fold Orange eo.

Lavender is always nice, I like mints too, peppermint, spearmint, rosemary goes nice with the mints, lemongrass is one of my favorites....

My vote is for lavender, it smells so nice and goes well with so many other fragrances. It is one EO that I couldn't do without.

I find it very disappointing when a scent fades away :(
One of my favs is Tangerine/peppermint or pink grapefruit/peppermint.
But I would certainly buy a citrus FO too.
lavender is allways good - as already mentioned.

For a natural scent, you could make a Oat Milk & Honey soap (HP?) - most men I know are very pleased with that scent and you don't need to add the FO, although it enhances the scent of course.

x

:D hi there!

some of my favorites, and all are easy to soap:

rose geranium, litsea cubeba (lemon scent), eucalyptus, allspice, rosewood (wonderful pink rose scent), spearmint, and tea tree oil.

a good economical substitute for lavender is lavandin. (same family)

happy soaping! :D

Back