Can't get lion out of mold without breaking tail

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried putting it into the freezer? Once it is frozen, set the mold on the counter for about five minutes. Condensation will form, and the soap will come out cleanly.

Have you tried putting it into the freezer? Once it is frozen, set the mold on the counter for about five minutes. Condensation will form, and the soap will come out cleanly.
This is the candle forum. :)

Please help me
I can't get lion out of silicone mold
Is the mold solid, or is there a slice through it? Normally there would be a slice or 2-piece that you would have to hold closed with rubber bands. That helps with not having breakage. It will give you a seam most likely, but that's easily remedied by using a carving knife and a nylon to buff it out.
HTH.

@jcandleattic Oh my, I really shouldn't try to view posts on my phone - it's next to impossible for me to see which forum it is.

I had typed up half a paragraph about giving us a recipe, etc etc before I bothered to look up top to see which forum I was in.

Please help me
I can't get lion out of silicone mol
I make mostly beeswax candles. I have found freezing to be helpful in getting candles out of some molds, too. It may be worth a try. The wax tends to shrink away from the mold, making it easier to remove. Once the candle solidifies, I put it in the freezer for 3-12 hours, depending on the size of the candle. Gently remove from mold, once it is frozen. Be extra gentle with it, as freezing does make the candle more brittle until it comes back to room temperature.

Back