Can I make soap in a Tetra Pak carton?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently did some nostalgic soap making: I used a one-liter milk carton for a mold. I have lots of "real" molds after being a hobby soapmaker for over five years, but I wanted to do a pull-through swirl, and this made a horizontal cut easy (considering I don't have a log splitter.)

In any case, we buy soy milk in a Tetra Pak carton, which seems sturdier than a regular milk carton. There's a silver colored lining inside the carton, so I looked it up and found out that it's aluminum. The aluminum layer is not the outermost layer of the inside lining, but I'm wondering if those layers on the aluminum layer would protect my soap from the aluminum. (I know I could line the Tetra Pak, but I hate lining molds. I'd rather just use the regular carton.)

Here's a graphic:
1720874824662.png

Well, I've regularly used unlined Pringles tubes directly without issue, and they also have a silver coloured interior under a plastic lining, which I assume is similar to this. 🤷‍♀️

I'd say give it a go with a small batch and see if it works for you.

Well, I've regularly used unlined Pringles tubes directly without issue, and they also have a silver coloured interior under a plastic lining, which I assume is similar to this. 🤷‍♀️

I'd say give it a go with a small batch and see if it works for you.
Thanks! Yes, it seems like the same kind of interior.

Latest posts

Back