Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Here is a thread for all of you that are bored and just want to post something.
You don't have to answer someone or anything.

just a place to put down words when you .... drank too much coffee at work and it is a S-L-O-W day

yup :p That's me today

My back is out - since yesterday. I can’t do much of anything and I am so bored. Hubby and I decided to rewatch all of Game of Thrones before the new season starts. At least we know we can get through it all in time. But I’m not used to so...much...TV.

Oooohhhh I have permission to ramble! @Lin19687 you realize this may cut back on some of my PM's right?

Let's see... work is slow today. My "China kids" have all gone home so after a week and a half of constantly having a sidekick I'm a bit lonely and underworked. I have a bunch of new lip balm flavors to try out, but I'm overwhelmed by where to start. I was trying to get The Diva to pick one she'd like to try to give me a starting point but she wants them all. This morning the second oldest boy was looking for lip balm and hubby told him "there's a huge bucket downstairs. help yourself" but the teen said "but they taste good and I want to eat them, but no one really wants to eat chapstick" which then opened up a whole discussion about them being "lip balms" and not "chapstick". [breath] So now I have this evil plan to serve lip balm for dinner tonight... just kidding. Well, I mean it would be funny but I'm not actually going to do it. So I'm thinking I might start with Chocolate Mint lip balm because I'm also making a fudge brownie scented sugar scrub so that would be a nice upsell to pair them together. Anyways... squirrel.

@amd you never PM me, you liar lol

That double scent would sell Fab !!

I had a pt on the phone and in the background was a noise that sounded like grinding coffee beans.... YUMMM!!!
:( turned out it was the Fire dept testing the fire alarms.

Do you think that I have coffee on my brain? I already had 2 cups so I should not have anymore ! :eek:

I'm on my second cup of coffee now. I'm almost out so I might need to go buy more during lunchtime. Trouble is I'd really like to skip lunch so I can bail out of work earlier. That soap isn't going to make itself.

I am losing my sh** cuz I am so bored. plus my extra money dried up so I shouldn't use up all my oils yet. I need to find another PT job--one that I am not standing for. my goal is to sell soap--not big time though. and I was going to start making some bath bombs etc until I found out that is considered cosmetical. On the upside I just finished the puzzle I started this winter. I pulled a piece out of the dogs mouth one day--so I was wondering how many pieces I would be missing. YAY they were all there and only the one was chewed on but it was still in kinda good shape

@Marilyn Norgart why would bath bombs being cosmetic stop you from selling? Just make sure ingredients are labeled in the correct order with INCI names and other labeling requirements. While you don't have to label soap, there are rules for if you do that you still have to follow. Once you learn the rules, labeling really isn't that difficult. (unless you're like me who periodically forgets the rules and has to do a refresher every six months... but I still do it)

@Lin19687 I'm sure you're mistaken...

Well, it picked up for a bit. I've input 3 orders. Now, it's quiet again which isn't too bad a thing as it's almost lunch time. I might just take a relaxed lunch break, read a little longer.

The book is kind of boring, though. It's one my husband recommended (Never Enough by Judith Grisel); I'm finding it a grind but I'm persevering. He thought it was excellent; we obviously do not have the same taste in books.

@Marilyn Norgart why would bath bombs being cosmetic stop you from selling? Just make sure ingredients are labeled in the correct order with INCI names and other labeling requirements. While you don't have to label soap, there are rules for if you do that you still have to follow. Once you learn the rules, labeling really isn't that difficult. (unless you're like me who periodically forgets the rules and has to do a refresher every six months... but I still do it)

@Lin19687 I'm sure you're mistaken...

its more because of the licensing--I was told you needed a license to sell cosmetics. and I have been thinking that solid bath bubbles would have the same requirements as soap? I am not ready to sell bath bombs at this point but was thinking in the future. I should say I want to sell as a hobbyist also

My willpower broke and I went to lunch with some coworkers. Picked up some coffee on the way back. But now I'm stuck at the office until 5:30. Over 3 hours to go. I'm never going to make it...

its more because of the licensing--I was told you needed a license to sell cosmetics. and I have been thinking that solid bath bubbles would have the same requirements as soap? I am not ready to sell bath bombs at this point but was thinking in the future. I should say I want to sell as a hobbyist also
I don't believe you need a special license to sell in MN. I know I checked before I started doing shows in MN (I live 45 minutes from the border) and all I needed to do was make sure I reported sales correctly for taxes. (Which, btw, is $300 sales or if you sell for 3 more in days in the state.) Solid bath bubbles - I assume you mean like the Lush type bubble bars? - are also cosmetic. Soap is the only thing that is soap. Everything else - lotions, lip balms, bath scrubs etc - is cosmetic.

so you don't need a license for BB and solid bubble bars then--you just need to make sure its labeled right? I am assuming the sales would be for a year? my tax lady gave me numbers to call for the state so I need to call them also. I am donating a basket of soap to a charity and would like to include some solid bath bars.

My willpower broke and I went to lunch with some coworkers. Picked up some coffee on the way back. But now I'm stuck at the office until 5:30. Over 3 hours to go. I'm never going to make it...

Just made another cup at 3:48, I leave at 4:30 :eek:

ALSO ON THE BB stuff.. I have a huge pail of citric acid because I was going to do BB's but the market is so over saturated that I just don't :( Now I have no idea what to do with it all !

Last edited:
Back