Basti's Adventures in Soap (2024)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basti

Reaction score
Better late than never? šŸ«£

1720052927212.png

CS Sparkling Grapefruit - CS High Tide
NG Onyx Frost - Unscented
  1. Wanted to make a solid color soap with a really rich, vibrant hue. This is neon red mixed with neon orange 1.5:2. I bought the salt sprinkled on top in Iceland last year
  2. Line-esque pour that I lightly swirled with the handle of a paintbrush
  3. Simple layers. I picked the colors based on the photo on the bottle lol
  4. Unscented charcoal Taiwan swirl! I originally wanted the bars to be my normal dimensions, but I messed up the cuts : D no worries
1720053480634.png

WSP Vanilla Chai Latte w/ DOOP Ube Cake - NS Awaken
NG Honey Almond - NG Green Tea
  1. A very accidental entry for the monthly cake challenge a few months ago. I had a bunch of brown-ish soap scraps I wanted to make, so decided to make a ciaglia cake. My middle frosting layer got a bit messed up but it's no big deal. This was my first time piping frosting
  2. Gradient + drop swirl. This soap was made with avocado puree.
  3. My first ever hanger swirl. This is also ciaglia
  4. I've made this soap like 4 times now haha. It's green tea + nori + sea clay. I usually use Nurture's Emerald Green but subbed Green Vibrance because I'd run out and well, I'll stick to the Emerald Green next time
1720053903827.png

NG Mermaids at Midnight - NG Rainbow Sherbet - NG White Tea & Ginger
NS Devil's Door - NG Moon Dust - NG Sweet Orange Chili Pepper
  1. ITPS. I added in some kelp (also bought in Iceland last year) into the black for a subtle exfoliant
  2. I want to call this a 'spoon plop' because that's what I did to make this soap but google images says otherwise šŸ¤£
  3. šŸ„ Made with chamomile tea. for the fun of it.
  4. My first confetti. The scraps inside of this soap came from different ciaglia soaps. Maximum scrap usage methinks
  5. Poured while the triangular mold was vertical. Red is a subtle ITPS.
  6. OPW. Speckles are turmeric.
1720054450230.png

NS Butterfly Garden/NS Avalon/NS 8th & Ocean - WSP Mango Papaya
CS Sel de Mer - CS Moonflower Nectar
  1. My entries for last month's unchallenge. You can read my write-up here, cause no one needs to hear me yap about it AGAIN.
  2. MP. Simple layers~
  3. MP. This fragrance supposedly accelerates, so I opted for MP instead. Really subtle colors and a faint sparkle.
  4. MP. Last year I used this fragrance in CP soap and it was a miserable, nasty experience. Acceleration. Green-tinged brown discoloration, even in the unscented white batter. No thank you. Thankfully it works beautifully in MP (+ added some stabilizer just in case), since it's a great scent.

That's all for now!

Back