Another newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atiz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am also very new to everything.
There were some personal issues going on that made me a bit depressed and I was looking for something to do; browsing on Amazon (because what else would you do in such a situation...) they recommended this soapmaking book to me (completely out of the blue because have never done anything remotely similar), and this was one of the very rare occasions when I followed up and so here I am. I got that kindle book, made my first batch of soap that day, following a recipe from it, and since I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be, it was a bit involved (with goatsmilk and cranberry juice, but nothing I could not get in the grocery store or -- if I must -- Walmart). I think it tuned out quite good, although, obviously, will see more in a month or so.

I also did a lot of reading of this forum (afterwards of course...), and it has been super helpful, so thank you! I might have just found a good winter hobby (Midwest winters aren't my thing).

IMG_4878.jpg

Welcome! What book did you get?

Your soap looks good!

Thanks!
The book is called The Natural Soapmaking Book for Beginners, by Kelly Cable.
I have read enough other things now (well, reading is my job, kind of) that I feel like I know at least where to find good information on things, but the book was quite helpful for my first ever attempt since I had no idea about anything. The recipe I chose was not really suggested for a first attempt, and I also ended up modifying it a bit in fragrance and color, which was probably foolish, but I was lucky and it ended up well and I definitely learned a lot.

Latest posts

Back