Activated charcoal...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've used this in soap. If you do a search you will find the thread from a while ago.
Apparently it's good for acne conditions because the charcoal works as a filter to purify the skin.
Be careful though, you only need a little bit, and it gets everywhere, when I used it I went to wash my hands in the bathroom and looked in the mirror, I had it in my eyes, up my nose, on my forehead, it looked liked I had been working in a coalmine.
And you will get a truer black if you gel the soap.

Thanks Chrissy. I'm gonna make some tonight. I'll definitely gel it, then. You're right. I ground it up earlier in a coffee grinder and I looked like chimney sweep. LOL!
:)

EDITED TO ADD: The tea tree didn't make rice pudding! I'm almost shocked, since my last two did. Madagascar EO blend doesn't play nice. Nice raunchy puke color in the soap too. :roll:
Thanks for the help, guys. I think this one might turn out.

Yeah it's pretty messy.
I ground mine up in a coffee grinder, and let's just say it's now a charcoal grinder. It gets into everything, cos it grinds into a really fine dust.
I have heard that even if you have black soap with charcoal, you still get white lather, whereas if you make a black soap with black oxide, you will get a grey/black lather.
My next charcoal batch will be aniseed.
Can't wait to see what you create!

I bought the powder and you have to be careful because it becomes airborne easily. A little goes a long way. I use a teaspoon per lb.

You'll love it, have fun!

Back