A lot of math for 1 batch of soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I probably over complicated making these soaps I just cut today. It was a lot of math for me and a single soaping session. I planned it all out in advance, and somehow managed to go slow enough to follow my plan, which doesn’t always happen.
I divided my batter to be 40% bottom layer and 60% top layer. I wanted the same volume of accent color in each layer; so 15% of each layers batter for accent color. I weighed my micas to ensure the colors in each layer were the same.
I poured the bottom layer and did a hanger swirl, let it sit for a smidge and then did the top layer with a hanger swirl. I have a few bars where I can see I touched the bottom layer, I also felt it when I was swirling, but not too many and not too badly.
The FO was super well behaved, so the batter stayed really fluid for a long time, and I used a BB hanger tool, so it’s wispy swirls. WSP White Tea & Sage, dup from BBW, by special request from some friends that are hooked on the scent. Colors are BB Evergreen Mica & Snowflake Sparkle which left the creamy color while adding a nice shimmer.
The little tea set in the background is about 75 years old, and belonged to DH Grandmother, a gift his Grandfather brought back to her from his military service over seas.
IMG_2952.jpeg

I probably over complicated making these soaps I just cut today. It was a lot of math for me and a single soaping session. I planned it all out in advance, and somehow managed to go slow enough to follow my plan, which doesn’t always happen.
I divided my batter to be 40% bottom layer and 60% top layer. I wanted the same volume of accent color in each layer; so 15% of each layers batter for accent color. I weighed my micas to ensure the colors in each layer were the same.
I poured the bottom layer and did a hanger swirl, let it sit for a smidge and then did the top layer with a hanger swirl. I have a few bars where I can see I touched the bottom layer, I also felt it when I was swirling, but not too many and not too badly.
The FO was super well behaved, so the batter stayed really fluid for a long time, and I used a BB hanger tool, so it’s wispy swirls. WSP White Tea & Sage, dup from BBW, by special request from some friends that are hooked on the scent. Colors are BB Evergreen Mica & Snowflake Sparkle which left the creamy color while adding a nice shimmer.
The little tea set in the background is about 75 years old, and belonged to DH Grandmother, a gift his Grandfather brought back to her from his military service over seas.
View attachment 78817
Wow, that is a lot of math, but my oh my, what a beautiful soap resulted from it! That is gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back