2nd and 3rd batches!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delynnr

Reaction score
Well - my first batch of soap was HP soap and got my feet wet. Now my 2nd and 3rd batches are ready and I think they turned out pretty good. I love the natural color concept so I have been playing with that.

I garden a LOT - so I wanted to make a Gardener's soap. I love how using a bundt cake pan turned out like little mountains. I am contemplating trimming them a little for friends.... I happened to HATE that bundt cake pan for cakes - they NEVER came out. It works great for soap - well after I learned to freeze it for a few hours!
9452795681_a5a2c69865.jpg

Top layer is colored with parsley (flakes left in)
Second layer is colored with Moroccan red clay and safflower petals
Third layer has poppy seeds
Fourth Layer is colored with chamomile (petals left in)
It is nicely scrubby and smells good. I used a blend of EOs: Lemon, Fennel, Bergamot Mint and Rosemary - it is light and herbally. I don't like heavy scents and this is perfect for me.

The second is an experiment with tallow I rendered myself. It is colored by annatto and calendula petals. Lightly scented with lemongrass and geranium EOs.
9455613490_791b71a2be.jpg

I like your gardener soap! The scents sound heavenly. You're on your way to making many, many more batches now. :D

I love the lemongrass & geranium blend, must smell heavenly! and the bundt pan soapie is truly delightful! great job!

I was wondering how you got the swirled tops on your first soap until I read the part about your bundt cake. Both soaps are nice! Don't you just love using natural colorants and textures. I bet you can't wait to use them both.

Back